Monday, July 22, 2013

Ecosport Test Drive

Finally, I got my hands on the Ecosport, during my trip to Goa earlier this month. Ford's much-awaited compact SUV is sure to scorch the roads with its great looks, great fuel efficiency and absolutely spot on pricing!

Sadly, it doesn't feel like a Ford :(

In an effort to improve fuel efficiency, Ford has gone the Honda way - press the throttle, and the car takes off, but keep at it another 2 seconds, and the power is cut off, forcing you to change gears and level out. No more screeching tyres at traffic signals and watching the rest fall far behind...

But it feels great otherwise. It's comfortable, although a little cramped compared to the Fiesta, and visibility on the back seat isn't great.

Overall, I am a little disappointed with the driveability - but then, I have been spoilt on the Ikons, the Fiestas and the Endys. I guess it's not that bad a choice after all!

No comments: