Monday, September 10, 2012

The Apple Experience - 3 Months On, Not As Wow Any More

So here's an update on our Apple Experience - 3 months after we got our first Mac and were completely blown away by it.

Still not found a better way to cut and paste than the ever-available Ctrl-C Ctrl-V on Windows. Still unable to figure out why I cannot simply click on the downloaded object list to open it, without having to pull it to the desktop first. Still not happy with being unable to simply drag and drop files from one window to another. And still figuring out why I cannot minimize an expanded Safari window like I can any other window with the yellow button on the top left.

The wireless keeps dropping (while my Windows laptops run like a breeze in the farthest corners of the house).

The Windows for Mac installation is screwed, doesn't let me save any doc or docx, although I can save as pdf.

And worst, when I went to the Mac store to ask for help, a condescending store technician tried to explain to me how the Save As option can be used to save as doc, docx or pdf!

Net net, the display is still wow, the fonts and look and feel absolutely amazing, the machine still looks stunning, but from a usability perspective, there is so much more Apple can do. And service - well, tying up with Reliance isn't exactly the best way to go about it, I guess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Command+C, Command+V should work. If the downloaded folder appears in the program bar(kind of, the one which appears at the bottom) you can directly click on the item and open it. You can try open office it saves .doc files(but not .docx), but can open .docx files.