Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Online Banking

With a change in my "active" phone number, I thought it was also necessary to update my contact number for my various credit cards. Was a pretty interesting exercise...

With HSBC, all it took was a quick phone call to their customer care center, they asked basic questions like my mother's maiden name, and birthday, and updated the phone number.

Bobcard was even easier - they didn't ask anything at all, just my credit card number, and updated the number :)

IndusInd was slightly more complicated - as part of the verification, they wanted to know the date of billing, the last amount paid, or the last three transactions - the exact amounts. Only after I digged out that information did they go ahead and change the phone number.

The most interesting, and not surprisingly, frustrating, was ICICI Bank. It took me all of 45 mins, talking to 4 different customer care associates, countless journeys through the extensive IVR menus, and yet, at the end of it all, I was no closer to getting my number changed. Their systems didn' recognize my CVV code, their systems would not allow me to generate an online pin, no matter what option we all tried, and without the online pin, there was no way to change the number. Finally, the exasperated customer care executive offered to get a pin sent to me by courier - expected to be delivered in 8-10 days, after which, hopefully, I will able to use it to get my number changed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"The most interesting, and not surprisingly, frustrating, was ICICI Bank"

LOL.. Like that. We all are so use to their nuisances!