Saturday, February 18, 2012

Flipkart.com

Another wonderful example of customer service and customer focus.

All started with me needing to buy a book, which wasn't avaialble at Crossword. Decided to take a chance with Amazon, and quickly regretted it. First, it kept telling me my email was already registered, asked me questions like the last 4 digits of the CC I used in my earlier purchases to retreive my password saying it couldn't identify me only with my email, and after advising me to visit the customer care link for further help, took me right back to the CC number question. Finally, in desperation, I registered with my alternate email ID. Then it took me all my patience and intelligence to search for what I wanted, chose between the myriad options that came up, and check out my order - only to be told that the particular book I chose wasn't open for delivery to an Indian address.

I gave up, and on a hunch (actually, I love their ads, and that's what drove me to them!), visited flipkart.com.

Found the book in 10 seconds. Gave my delivery address, used Netbanking to make payment, and I was done! It took me all of 120 seconds. No faltu waste of time on registration. Smartly, flipkart registered me behind the scenes, and sent me a welcome mail with my initial temporary password. Simply stunningly beautiful.

Just 2 days later, I had the package delivered at home. SMS and email notification. Plain, simple and superbly efficient.

And the book came packaged beautifully (they even had an option of getting it gift wrapped - which I did not opt for).

Flipkart.com, you have a fan!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I Agree sites like Flipkart gives me confidence that I can buy anything online in the comfort of my home than to drive down to a store. However sites like eBay, Amazon somehow scares me about creditability of sellers and services. No specific offensive instances against them, however its just the intutive feeling I get by looking at their site.

BTW, Amazon has launched its Indian version of site Junglee.com (Do not go by the name of the site though, Amazon guys have explanation for it! :) )

Suneil said...

Hi Adtiya, if you read a lot, you can share your favourites with others on Koolkart.com. You can also compare prices across leading retailers.