Monday, July 04, 2011

Movie Review: Delhi Belly

For a glorious exploration of the choicest cuss words, vistas of hairy men's asses, and a complete repertoire of fart sounds doubling as the sound track (not to forget the oh so hummable Bose DK, sorry, DK Bose.. ), watch Delhi Belly. Aah, not to forget humping and some between the legs action on the bed, an uninhibited boob show, shit on the table, cockroaches on pizza and all other kinds of belly-crunching action. And then to top it all, you finish with the AK himself doing some pelvic thrusts as the credits roll along.

For me, Poorna Jagannathan as Menaka stole the show with a standout although understated performance. And Shehnaz provides some eye candy.

Other than that, nothing worked for me. But hell, the theatres are full... so go ahead, you might enjoy it. I think I am just a different generation.

2 comments:

Ray said...

Hey I think it was an excellent movie not because of the profanities or crass humor but because of the taut screenplay. It never meandered and pace did not slacken.

However I think the name Delhi Belly is not apt as this could have been set in any other city and the real character of the city never came through for me.

Siddhesh said...

Actually, from a movie making perspective, and the sheer use of the cameras and screenplay, yes, it was a path breaker.