Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ford Warranty and ICICI Lombard's Guarantee!

Gave Samara for her 10K, 6 month free servicing yesterday, and the service advisor told me the brake discs would need to be changed, and given that this is wear and tear, it wouldn't be covered under warranty - and the price tag - 13000 rupees. I was pretty upset, because no matter how much wear and tear you consider, the brake discs simply cannot be wearing off that fast!

Background: I had started hearing the screeching sounds from the brake discs a few days back, and it got really bad on the way back from Goa to Pune. Obviously, the rubber had completely worn off, and a 500 km trip really screwed up the remaining disk.

I talked to the manager at Planet Ford, who promised to look into the matter and get back to me in the morning today. And yes, Ford approved the warranty and I got them replaced for free.

When I went to collect the car today, the seat was very dirty and there was a scratch on the bonnet, but the Ford guys promptly got it attended to. They should've definitely done it before I pointed it out, but at the end of the day, everyone makes mistakes, and it is the recovery that matters. And Ford did great with that.

PS: ICICI Lombard still sucks, my problems with them have no end, and I have given up trying to explain to them what my problems are. When I need to spend so much effort just trying to get them to understand what the issue is, there's no hope for redemption. With ICICI Lombard, disappointment is a guarantee!

2 comments:

Siddhesh said...

And Ford just called to check on me, and whether the problem had been solved, and said they would talk to the dealer in case there was any issue with the warranty - so full marks on recovery!

Unknown said...

Cheers Ford!

ICICI Cust. Care.. I see one more of your valued customer joining against you! Cheers to you on doing what you do best!!