Thursday, September 23, 2010

Croma Disappoints - Again!

Last Sunday, we ordered an IFB Dryer from Croma, which they promised to deliver the next day. However, Monday night Croma called to say they'd only be able to deliver on Thursday, since Tuesday and Wednesday were going to be Chaturthi Visarjan days.

Today, the machine was finally delivered - and turned to be defective. A small but critical plastic component had snapped inside the dryer, obviously broken in transit by the heavy metal clamps included inside the dryer.

Very disappointing.

Now I'm waiting to see how they fare at recovering.

Earlier this year, we had bought an LG Tromm washing machine, and I had similar painful experiences with Croma. See my earlier post.

3 comments:

Harsha Kumar said...

I bought a microwave and food processor from Croma. So far, both are working just fine.. Plus Croma is a Tata Enterprise. So I have a soft corner for them. How has the recovery been?

Siddhesh said...

Recovery was excellent. They replaced the machine, no questions asked, and it's working fine now.

One thing I should mention here too - the stock comes packed from the plant to the warehouse, and from there directly to my home, so it's probably more an issue with the manufacturer (in this case, IFB) rather than something that Croma can control directly.

Siddhesh said...

Recovery was excellent. They replaced the machine, no questions asked, and it's working fine now.

One thing I should mention here too - the stock comes packed from the plant to the warehouse, and from there directly to my home, so it's probably more an issue with the manufacturer (in this case, IFB) rather than something that Croma can control directly.