Sunday, August 15, 2010

ICICI Lombard Sucks

OK, I am generally positive, and tend to appreciate the good things and overlook the bad, but here's one instance I just cannot ignore any more.

It's been 4 months since I bought my Endy, and ICICI Lombard, with whom I bought my insurance, is yet to issue me the NCB and some other refunds, including cancellation of my earlier car's policies. I have sent a million reminders, by phone, email and SMS, and each time I am given a new excuse, a new promise, but no timelines, and of course, no closure.

I am so sick of ICICI Lombard at this time, I do not even feel like following up any more, and just want to sit back and wait and watch to see how bad they can get.

After my earlier terrible experiences with ICICI Home Loans, and horror stories I have heard about ICICI Direct, and some recent experiences with ICICI Prudential (they tried to sell me an insurance policy and then a pension plan as a mutual fund investment), especially when contrasted with the absolutely wonderful experiences I have had with HDFC Bank, HDFC Home Loans, HDFC Car Loans, and HDFC Standard Life, one thing is clear - it's really all about corporate culture and ethos, and the customer will always feel it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

In total agreement with you!
I think you should also add Credit Card services here. It Sucks too!

ICICI, is terrible failure. And cheers for HDFC, I just love the way they serve customers.

My Personal experience with HDFC Bank, CC (Not to mention the NetSafe feature), Home Loan depts. have been excellent. Keep it up HDFC..

Siddhesh said...

Oh yes, Netsafe is one of the most awesome solutions I have come across. Absolutely love it. Even from a purely usability perspective, the thing is so perfect.

ICICI Bank Care said...

Dear Aditya,

We are sorry to hear about your opinion. Please write to us with your contact details at care@icicibank.com with any complaint you might have and we will get in touch with you in order to address the issue. Kindly refer "658492" in the subject line.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.

Unknown said...

Dear ICICI,

I am sorry as well as happy to say that I have moved on. No more associated with you. However I would say that I had used credit card services and had real hard time with customer service!
I would urge you to improve on your customer service and take your customers more seriously when they are there with you and not when they are gone!

To make my point, I just hoped there would have been reply to Siddhesh's issue rather mine!

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards,
Aditya