Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Endy Inti

Here are some pictures of the interiors of my Endy :)



I love the drivers seat! The steering is amazingly light, the AT is smooth and easy to operate, the only confusion comes from the reverse position of the light and wiper controls, as compared to my Fiesta and Ikon. I got the beige steering cover at a local accessories shop, and although the finish isn't that great, I love the fact that it matches so well! The sporty pedals look good. The fuel cap release button is thankfully not under the seat, and pretty conveniently located on the dash. Another switch helps control the brightness of the dash lights. Note: the black floor mats are temporary from a demo Fiesta, I just got the actual beige/carpet Endeavour mats today.



This is the view from the middle row. Notice the wood panelling - it's a mini drawer itself, great for hiding some cash or valuables The drop-down DVD screen for the middle and rear rows is still not powering up, need to get the wiring checked up.

Ignore the black mark on the in-dash screen - it's a problem with my camera lens!



Middle seats are comfortable, give sufficient leg and head room. Leather quality and finish is great too. Comfortably takes 3 adults.



Middle seats split 50-50, each can be folded to provide access to rear row.



In-dash provides a host of options including USB, Bluetooth, FM/MW/SW Radio, TV (but not connected in India), DVD, Telephone (via Bluetooth) and Sat Nav (MapMyIndia). Also doubles up as reverse camera.



Pretty sophisticated audio system, with myriad options and configurations



Mobile phone support is really extensive, providing audio as well as SMS interface. Ability to receive and make calls, access phone book, create/send and receive messages on the go is extremely convenient. Once hooked, you can also use the phone's memory to access and play audio on the car's speeakers.



And finally, here's the in-dash Sat Nav from MapMyIndia. I used the in-car unit before, so this was welcome. Does seem to have issues catching the satellites sometimes on cold start, but otherwise works perfectly fine. I do wonder how they will support map upgrades. I couldn't figure it out.

No pictures of the chiller yet. I also need to get the roof rack and headlamp guard installed.

Any comments on the rear ladder on the Endy? I kinda like it, but some others have told me it gives the Endy the look of a mini-bus What do you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kenwood! I like that.. :)
Is that default brand provided or you specifically asked for it?

Speaker selection interface is quite impressive. Saves you trouble when back seaters need to take a nap while front seaters still needs to keep their eyes wide open, ofcourse listening to music, and drive :)

Oh btw, for the Ladder thing.. even I feel it would give your Endy even better & bolder look ( and far away from anyone calling it a mini-bus). I would also suggest you to give a thought to spoiler on the back roof. With ladder + spoiler, I think, it would look more complete, just my thoughts though..

Harsha Kumar said...

I'm not so much for the ladder. Not sure if you really need it. The "side steppers" are high enough to reach the luggage rack - dont you think?
I love the interiors. I do wish that there were a few short cuts on the screen - say to switch from CD to radio or DVD stuff like that. Could get difficult to manage a complicated screen while driving. But then again, I haven't played around with it enough.. So I can't be too sure..
The back seats do not have enough under thigh support. So sitting behind could get difficult for adults - perfect for kids..

Siddhesh said...

I definitely do not need the ladder, it's for the looks only :) I think it makes the car complete. But let's see, the only issue I have is it's not standard Ford equipment, and it'll need some drilling into the body to get it fitted.

And yes, there are shortcuts, you need to explore her more :)