Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ford Endeavour

And finally, I got my hands on the Endy!

It was late evening, the light was fading, and after a disappointing outing in the Passat, I wasn’t even sure I was up for another test ride. But the 4x4 Thunder was around, and I decided to go for it. As I climbed in and took the wheel, I had psyched myself for the experience of driving the huge truck. Oh boy, was I in for a surprise! The moment I pressed the gas pedal, the Endy took off like a tiger unleashed, effortlessly grabbing the opportunity to jump the starting line. I had to stop and try it again – because I couldn’t believe I had actually managed to squeal its tires! The Endy is sheer power, yet a beauty to drive. It took the 40 degree Taliegaon slope with a load of 4 adults and 2 kids as effortlessly as cruising on an expressway. And as we left the tarmac and hit the dirt road, it almost squeals in delight. Rocks, gravel, shrubs and ditches pass under its massive wheels, it’s suspension letting you glide over the terrain while the power steering seems to tell you, don’t worry about guiding me, I can take anything that comes in my way! We took a couple of tight circles at the top of the hills, a merry go round for the kids, while the Endy kicked off a massive dust storm in its wake.

The interiors put all the luxury sedans to shame – an in-dash 6 CD changer, an in-built DVD player with two screens, one in-dash and one on the roof, in-built navigation system, reverse parking camera, individual AC vents for all three rows, plush seats. Sheer luxury.

As we reluctantly got back in the city, we also noticed another reason why it’s a wonderful option for city driving. As you cruise along sitting on what feels like the first floor deck, the sedans and the hatchbacks meekly surrender to the roar of the Endy, immediately moving out of the way. It took a lot of restrain from me to stop me from wanting to gently nudge a few of the not-so-cooperative cars off to the side :)

I have fallen in love, and small wonder, it’s a Ford baby all over again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Even the Google says Endy... :)

Check this search trend for India..
between Endy, CRV and A4

http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=Ford%20Endeavour%2CHonda%20CR-V%2CAudi%20A4&geo=IN&cmpt=q

Arts said...

Its called "Self-fulfilling prophecy"! :)

Siddhesh said...

I don't think it's self fulfilling. In fact, my first choices were BMW and Audi, I didn't even have the Endy on the radar. That happened only after I realised I was not getting the WOW experience!

Siddhesh said...

I don't think it's self fulfilling. In fact, my first choices were BMW and Audi, I didn't even have the Endy on the radar. That happened only after I realised I was not getting the WOW experience!