Monday, December 14, 2009

Movie Review: Kill Bill

I saw Kill Bill (Vol 1) as part of my promise to myself to see each of Tarantino's movies... must say, I came back pretty disappointed. While Inglourious Basterds was a masterpiece of subtle drama and unspoken tensions, Kill Bill is the other extreme - mindless, senseless violence represented by dismembered limbs and heads, and blood gushing forth like a ruptured high pressure pipeline. Even if you set aside the improbabality of it all - one woman fighter with a sword against dozens of armed, trained men, the story line, the screenplay and the script did not appeal to me.

I actually fell asleep somewhere between kill number 76 and 92.

And even more unfortunately for me, I got Kill Bill Vol 1, and only later did I realise that I needed to get Vol 2 at the same time! :( Vol 1 is incomplete without Vol 2. No, it wasn't obvious to me!

No comments: