Thursday, December 03, 2009

India Online

Spent a few mins today paying my bills, and then realised how far India has come in terms of being "online"...

My Tata Sky connection, my Tata Indicom modem, my YOU Telecom modem, my Idea mobile connection - all paid from the respective websites using Netbanking, where I simply choose how much I pay, choose my bank, get transferred to my bank portal, confirm the transaction, and I am done.

Needed to subscribe Chandamama for Sanam, and yes, I simply paid online.

I pay for food, grocery, shopping, pretty much everything I need using my credit card, and pay my credit card bills online.

I got a Tata AIG insurance policy for my home, and yes, I paid by creating a NetSafe online Visa card from my HDFC account, and then used it on a voice-enabled system to pay the premium!

My electricity and BSNL bills also get paid automatically for me. Online.

LIC premiums too! So too HDFC and ICICI insurance premiums.

My salary is credited online.

When do I need a cheque...? Cash... let me think!

No comments: