Saturday, November 07, 2009

Factory Format :)

My Nokia E75 suddenly stopped messaging the other day. While resetting to factory settings worked, the problem occured again a few days later. Again, I reset to the factory settings, but this time, the messages refused to go.

Finally, I found this solution on the net: a factory format.

Remove your memory card.
Backup all your stuff.

1) Switch off the phone for 10 seconds
2) Push at the same time the following keys: Green answer button, * (star) and 3.
3) Turn on the phone while keep pressing the 3 keys in step 2. (I didn't have anyone to press the power button while my other 3 fingers were pressed so I put the phone down on a table)

The handset will show you the Nokia screen (keep the buttons pressed) and then will prompt you to select the current country for the phone, the date and the time. It's been reset.

Once done, turn you're phone off. Put your memory card back in and turn the phone on. You can then go through the tedious steps customising your phone the way it was.

Now, I have spent a lot of time doing this today, and the messaging works (!), but I just hope this is the end of the saga. Keep tuned.

No comments: