Sunday, June 07, 2009

Ford Ikon

I got a lot of time in this trip and in the last few weekends I have been to Goa to drive my sister's Ford Ikon - and I must say, it continues to be an amazing car. And it's just got better from the 1.3 CLXi I bought 9 years back... the engine growls like a tiger on the prowl, the pick up and manoueuvrebility is better than ever before, and the way it grips the road on tight curves easily beats the Fiesta. When I got my Fiesta, I thought the reason it didn't feel that stable on the turns was because of the power steering, when compared to the manual Ikon. So it's the suspension and the low COG which makes the Ikon such a beautiful driving experience! Of course, with its much higher power, the Fiesta still has a better pickup and acceleration, and of course, is much roomier, and is a lot of fun too... but then, this is a needless comparison :)

No comments: