Sunday, June 07, 2009

First Rains

Everyone should experience the rains in Goa, especially the first showers... when the thirsty earth soaks up the drops, the aroma of the earth spreads arounds, a beautiful smell you just can't get enough of... the plants, the trees and every thing else shakes off the dust and grime and look fresh and happy... the temperature drops, the cold wind blowing in bringing smiles and chills... the pittar patter of the drops on the tiled roof, the undulating rise and drop in intensity of sound in tandem with the force of the rain - a sound so beautiful with its pattern of irregularity...

No, don't even try and imagine experiencing this in the city...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully described !

Every year during this time, I recall myself on my cycle wearing a heavy duck back raincoat... especially on 18th June road on my way to the school and back home...

Ray said...

Right on. I have experienced that and it is still fresh in my mind

Unknown said...

Sounds pretty romantic...you'r lucky to have experienced it!