Sunday, June 07, 2009

Cricket!

Played cricket yesterday. A few of us from office have been playing for the last few Saturdays at the Ideal Colony ground in Kothrud, but my weekends in Goa meant I had not been able to join them.

We met around 615 am, and played from 630 till close to 900. First in pairs, each getting 3 overs, and then a 6 overs match. Positives for me - I hit 2 very beautiful shots down the ground for 4, a few other good middle-of-the-bat hits, bowled a couple of fairly decent overs, got a wicket, and helped in a run out. Things that need to get better - the ball still barely sticks in the hand, and running is still very poor.

After the match, we all met at Durga for its very special cold coffee!

At 34, with a job that keeps you hooked to the laptop 24*7, I had pretty much given up any hope of ever getting back to the sport I loved so much - it had been almost 2 decades since I played a real match, unless you count those stupid one bounce affairs where so much as hitting a ball directly to that silly wall 10 feet away can get you declared out :)

The rains will probably bring in some disruption, but I eagerly look forward to this continuing for ever...

No comments: