Saturday, March 21, 2009

Movie Review: Straight

Straight - A Tedhi Medhi Love Story is another gem from Vinay Pathak.

Owner of the Gaylord restaurant in London, Vinay's life turns very complicated when a new stand up comedian cum cook joins his restaurant and becomes his best friend, and one day, ends up smooching him. Am I turning gay? How do I tell Renu I love her? Will I ever end up losing my virginity?

The movie is a typical Vinay gig - at times funny, at times serious, but always very real. Very identifiable. I found Anuj Chaudhary as his friend, and Siddharth Makkar as his step-brother pretty likeable too... oops, am I...?

Not a bad option for a weekend...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Siddhesh
I am a Big Fan of yours & your Blogs...Before going to any movie...i just once visit your blog..
I have a request to you...

Actually i expected your blog on AIRTEL advertisement which is full of creativity & innovation ..

I just feel that you should write some points on that advt.

The advt is .......

"Papa, aap delhi gaye hai", mummy ne mujhe daanta, aap mummy ko daantna OK!!!!

Mummy: "Chalo dudh peelo fir khelne jaa saktay ho"

"Papa ka phone aaya tha na?????"

Siddhesh said...

Thanks Anonymous (I wish I knew who you were :))!

Actually, interesting you mentioned the ad because I have been thinking about it a bit lately, and I think Airtel ads are in a class of their own. They play amazingly well on human emotions. I loved that ad with the girl talking to her dad on the hiking trip, or the kid asking dad to hear the sound of the rain, and the collage of feelings ad - where the girl is practicing acrobatics and stuff. This one is similarly beautiful - except that I think the kid is a little too big, or dumb, to believe his dad can hear him on that toy phone :)

Anonymous said...

The kid must have seen Munna Bhai MBBS....& Circuit kehta hai "agar dil se baat karo to bina telephone kay ,kalyaan se chembur tak awaaj pohoch sakti hai" ....anyway..I think everyone is superstitious in his own way...so is that kid :) ...