Saturday, March 21, 2009

Movie Review: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button

Some pending movie reviews coming up.. the first being the Oscar-motivated Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Brad Pitt (thanks to all those who quickly pointed out my mistake when I wrote Matt Damn) does a fantastic job as the man who ages in reverse... being born as a freak kid with the shrivelled look of an old man, he grows into a weak and stumbling fellow, then slowly gets strength in his feet, his features become younger... becomes a handsome young man, then a kid...

What does this do to his love life? How do you handle your daughter being the same age as you, and then elder to you? What do you do when the woman you love grows older, while you grown younger and smarter...?

Interesting story, some fantastic make up. Matt is top class.

However, the movie is slwo and stretched, and you come out feeling drained and bored. Definitely not worth wasting time in a theatre on a good weekend, might be better to just get a DVD and keep the remote handy to push through those boring parts... well, most of the movie, actually!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally don't like this movie. It's so boring. What's interesting about it is the story. Only the story. They should have made it more interesting and un-boring.

Siddhesh said...

I agree, it could have been a lot more interesting. But I guess Oscar-focussed movies tend to be this way :)

Ray said...

Siddesh bhai it is Brad Pitt not Matt Damon.
As for the movie it is nice. boring at times as most autobiographical kind of movies sometimes are but you got to immerse yourself in it.
Worth a watch once.

Anonymous said...

Matt Damon ?
He is Brad Pits I suppose

Unknown said...

I guess its Brad Pitt, not Matt

Siddhesh said...

I don't know how I mixed up the actors, but yes, of course you are right - it is Brad Pitt. I guess I was sleepy when I wrote this :) Thanks for quickly pointing it out!