Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tata Sky Plus

We got our Tata Sky Plus today - we can now pause and rewind live TV, record two programs simultaneously and watch a previously recorded one, or record one while watching another, and lots of other cool things that weren't possible before. The best use I see of this is to be able to record movies and then watch them without having to suffer endless ads - which I can now simply forward. Or, record those cricket matches and then skip the boring phases...

The Tata Sky digicom actually also has hardware support for a whole lot of things including Ethernet, but the platform doesn't support it yet.

Go for it, don't deny yourself the pleasure :)

1 comment:

Harsha Kumar said...

You know, I almost got a Tata Sky connection 2 weeks back.. But right now, its coming out to be costlier than my cable connection, and with fewer channels. I know there are other features too like being able to watch movies on demand or record stuff. But it's not on my priority list yet.. Let's see.. Some day maybe..