Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rab Ne, Again..

I've seen Rab Ne a few times already, and every time I've enjoyed it a little more than the earlier time! Maybe it's in the innocence of Suri, the very real life portrayal of the Indian middle class, the vivacity of Taani, the dance numbers, the over-the-top cool Raj, naam toh suna hoga, or simply the peace of the Golden Temple coming out so beautifully, this movie has been growing on me. It's also interesting to profile the audience.. most seem to be repeats, from the kids to the oldies, everyone laughs with Suri, everyone cries with Taani, and everyone has their smiles back on their faces after the honeymoon, as they stream out of the theatres...

Truly a timeless movie, I hope a lot more would be able to gain from this as much as I have, instead of getting stuck in questioning the possibility of a wife unable to recognize her husband in a new outfit.

3 comments:

Harsha Kumar said...

Something about SRK.. He can sell anything! The movie itself does grow on you everytime you watch it :)

One of those movies I'll definitely watch once more if possible. This one and Janne Tu.. The two movies leave a similar sweet feeling behind..

Darshana Bafna said...

This is now really tempting me to watch this movie... I haven't yet seen the movie but the reviews from all the places are enticing...
its been long i watched bollywood movies as there's no theater screening Indian movies here... hope i will be able to get it in some Indian store...

Darshana Bafna said...

This is now really tempting me to watch this movie... I haven't yet seen the movie but the reviews from all the places are enticing...
its been long i watched bollywood movies as there's no theater screening Indian movies here... hope i will be able to get it in some Indian store...