Sunday, March 23, 2008

Doing my MBA

Well, not exactly, but I was so excited about some of the stuff we learnt in our in-house management program at Persistent, that I borrowed some of the cool management books from a who just finished her MBA, and plan to finish devouring them over the next few... well, months?

Organizational behaviour and design, managerial economics, strategic human resource management, marketing management.. the list goes on!

One thing that struck me while going through some of the early chapters is that management is an art packaged as a science! Case studies play such a key role in every subject - they teach you so much, yet, there are no real rules in management! What works for one may not work for the other - in fact, it can have the perfectly opposite effect!

So keep a close watch on my other blog, there should be some interesting learnings from my MBA program coming up there! :)

No comments: