Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Muslims for Pakistan...?

Must say it was pretty frustrating and upsetting to hear Shoaib Malik thanking all Muslims for their support to Pakistan after the match - this really is ridiculous! I guess Shoaib forgot that the man of the match was a Muslim, his brother was there too, and another prominent Muslim was out in the stands - and none of them were supporting Pakistan! When will the Pakistanis learn to distinguish between religion and nation, between fundamentalism and patriotism

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was surprising that the mainstream media ignored his response. It struck me as odd,the moment I heard it. Read all your blogs..good,hi-energy stuff. Here's a link to my blog where I write articles of my interest http://johngalts-gulch.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

That generalization (your last sentence) is uncalled for.

Siddhesh said...

You are right, and it wasn't meant to be a generalization against Pakistanis as a nation. I was referring to the Pakistani team here, and you are right, maybe I should have stuck to the captain!