Sunday, August 19, 2007

Fingerprints, Anyone?

Got a sexy new laptop finally, after refusing to part with my old one for almost 4 years - yes, because I had so much stuff installed on it, that I didn't want to go through the pain of setting up a new one...

It's a HP Compaq Centrino Duo with 1 GB RAM, 1.66 GHz, Bluetooth, DVD Drive, but you know what the coolest part is? Fingerprint recognition! Now all I need to do is power it on, swipe my finger, and lo and behold - I am ON! :)

Also, interestingly, it comes with an Identity Manager that allows me to set up various password etc for different applications and web sites with single sign on - that means, once my finger has been recognised, I am signed automatically into every other application too!

Way too cool!

1 comment:

Harsha Kumar said...

Wow.. Sounds Very Nice :)

Also, I'm loving the VAIO ads these days.. Interesting colorful laptops..

Also the new range of Lenovo laptops with Face Recognition Software..

Although, somehow, I have a natural inclination towards HP.. Don't know why.. Just prefer the brand..