Saturday, July 14, 2007

On Tata Sky

We got our Tata Sky installation done today. Must say, I am terribly impressed with the whole experience... it was simple and happy!

The first step was ordering the set top box. I called the help line, and five mins later, it was through. The call center quickly passed me on to customer care, which offered me a 4 month free offer if I booked using my credit card. After taking a few basic details, they put me on to an automated system, which prompted me to enter the credit information by pressing buttons on the phone, and I was done.

Two days later, the set top box had been delivered. I called the help desk with the id numbers, and they immediately gave me a few options for the installation itself. I chose Saturday evening.

Saturday evening, the installation team was here - a couple of very pleasant guys, who got down to the task. Clean. Fast. Efficient.

And when I offered them a tip at the end of the job, they refused saying, "We had tea with you, felt very good."

I do not know how things will play out later, but for the experience so far, Tata Sky gets absolute full marks!

No comments: