Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Time Capsule

There was an interesting news item yesterday about a time capsule that was opened in Tulsa, Oklahoma, US after 50 years - but the organisers were disappointed to find that the concrete vault built to withstand nuclear attacks couldn't keep out moisture, and the beautiful 1950s Plymouth Belvedere car had been converted by rust into a pile of junk. Sad.

Reminds me of my own attempts at creating time capsules - I used to collect "interesting" stuff into a school compas box, and bury it into the garden, waiting for it to turn into treasure one day. Unfortunately, my curiosity and greed always took over, and the treasure ended up being unearthed a couple of weeks later - needless to say, I never got around to selling it to a museum!

Interestingly, just yesterday, I found this box of coins - 2 rupees, 1 rupee, 50, 25 and 10 paise, and even a 1 paise coin in it. Now that's probably what the museum is looking for!

No comments: