Sunday, February 11, 2007

Chicken Chettinaad

I love cooking - it's a guaranteed way of beating stress and getting back into the groove. I made some hot Chicken Chettinaad today - don't ask me why that name - I don't know, I just like it! Anyway, so you go and get some fresh chicken, clean it, and chop it into medium size pieces. (Siddhesh's Secret - dump the large chunks of meat, they add nothing to the dish except tasteless mass.) They add lots of curd, a spoon of vinegar, mirchi, haldi, a little salt, and some chicken masala, and let it marinate for a few minutes. While the chicken marinates, chop some onion and grind some lasoon. Now, heat some oil is a kadhai, add cummins seeds, a few large red dry chillis, and then fry the onions till a deep brown. Then add the chicken, and let it simmer for 10-15 mins. Adjust the masala and salt to your taste, add some more vinegar or tamarind water, as needed.

And there you have it - my secret Chicken Chettinaad recipe!

Tip: If you happen to add too much mirchi, serve curd with the chicken, and call it Chicken Chettinaad with Curd! :)

2 comments:

Harsha Kumar said...

I don't cook.. And I'm not sure if I'll ever want to try it! But how 'bout a taste of your creations some time :)

Siddhesh said...

He he, any time! Just make sure you get some Pepsi and ice cream with you After all, what's a good dinner without Pepsi to add zing to it, and some ice cream to make up for all the calories left over from my healthy dishes? Lol...