Monday, October 02, 2006

Nature's Secrets...



A cute flower I clicked on my camera at the Kamath Residency, Nagothne....






One hour later, its curled up buds were beginning to unwind... while the leaves came together and went to sleep...




And this is how it will finally look, just a couple more hours later... unwound, grown up, ready to accept the bees!






Here are some lizard eggs in our kitchen attic in Pune -unfortunately, by the time I saw them, the eggs had hatched, and the babies were nowhere to be seen.



How small can the eggs be? Well, here they are lying beside my gigantic 2.5 inch tall cell phone.









Teamwork. Do you know ants can typically 40-50 times their body weight? If we were as strong, we could carry our cars to office!




This is a butterfly, hardly a centimeter across from tip of one wing to the other - found it on our hotel bed in the morning - and it stayed there till we checked out.




I found this bird to be a regular visitor to my terrace.






And then I realised why - three little eggs, waiting to be hatched, resting in the nest she had built for them in my fern pot! Here's the first of them hatching...





Hey, they have grown up! Just three days later, can you see the hint of feathers?




A week later, they are ready to fly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos..

You can think of sending an entry for PSPL's calendar this year.

Harsha Kumar said...

Agree with Aarti on PSPl calendar.. Loved the butterfly snap... And the cell, next to those eggs - I first thought it was a bag, until I read what you had written.. He he..